timimg redux

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: timimg redux
From: "Richard Hugi" <richard@tntarch.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:11:19 -0800
Well, I have replaced my old carbs with Keith O's beautiful redone set.
I am adjusting my timing and have a couple of questions.  The timing
marks on the crank pulley, which mark represents TDC?  At what rpm does
it need to be 20deg, (running G. Boon's EI dizzy) and with my tach being
somewhat unreliable, is there some other way to tell what rpm is
actually running at.  I can't find the reference to the marks in my
datsun repair manual, it only says to time it.  One last question does
the vacuum have to be disconnected while doing this.

Thanks

richard