It's Alive

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: It's Alive
From: Edward Mason <nez2nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:11:49 -0800 (PST)
Today, after almost 20 years, car # SRL-311-00515
purred to life. After many hours of installing the
dash and the dash wiring and the engine wiring and
working on a relay system for the ignition switch, and
making a fusable link for the white wire to the
ammeter, and all the time it takes to put everything
back in the engine compartment, I realized that I
might be able to start the engine with a little more
work. So like an impatient high school kid, I rigged
up the battery wiring and ran a fuel line from the
fuel pump to a small can of gas. After just a few
cranks, it started!  The engine runs smooth and
strong. I have to give credit to Keith the carb expert
who rebuilt the su carbs. I just bolted them up and
without even touching them the engine fired right up
and idled smooth as silk. I still have a long way to
go, but now I'm on the downhill side.

Ed Mason 1967 car #00515

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250