Re: Rear jackshaft oil holes?

To: efrisbee@charter.net ("Eric Frisbee"), datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear jackshaft oil holes?
From: JOver4X4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:02:50 -0500
Eric,

I had the machine shop that sleeved and bored my cylinders install my cam
bearings. Of course I had the same problem as you...they installed the rear
bearing wrong so only two holes were lined up.  I had to remove the freeze
plug, tap out the bearing, flip it over and reinstall with a new freeze plug.
I was told once you remove a cam bearing you cannot reuse it but I made a
bushing driver on a lathe, pushed out the bearing without damage and was able
to reinstall it.

If you do it carefully you should be able to reuse your bearing.  Make sure all
three holes line up!

John Over