Run to the Hills III -- Saturday April 16?

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Run to the Hills III -- Saturday April 16?
From: PETER VANDERPAS <giraffehauler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:35:07 -0800 (PST)
A couple of years back Ken Pletcher and I put this
half-day trip together and called it Run to the
Hills.  It is kind of a tune up for Solvang for
Northern California folks.  We started with a picnic
in Livermore then drove the beautiful wildflower
strewn back roads to Lick Observatory, then back down
Mt. Hamilton Rd. to San Jose.

I am thinking of Saturday, April 16.  Let me know if
anyone wants to join in.  Here is the general plan,
but feel free to suggest improvements.

Start:  Meet  Saturday, April 16 at 11:00 AM at
Concannon Winery at 4590 Tesla Road Livermore, CA
94550:
http://www.concannonvineyard.com/directions.html

We can have a leisurely picnic lunch here, visit the
winery, and catch up with old friends.  We originally
set it up this way because the weather can be a little
unpredictable this time of year, and at least we can
get in a nice lunch if the weather turns bad.

The Drive:  We probably want to start off no later
than 1:00 PM to make it to Lick by 4:00.  We take Del
Valle Rd. a short distance to Mines Rd. toward Mt.
Hamilton.  Mines Rd. becomes San Antonio Valley Rd.
eventually ending up at Lick Observatory.  Where Mines
and San Antonio Valley Rd. meet, people who need to
get back to the valley could take Del Puerto Canyon
Rd. toward Paterson on Interstate 5 if they wanted.

>From Lick Observatory, we can travel back down to San
Jose on Mt. Hamilton Rd.
http://www.ucolick.org/public/visitors.html

Here is some information on the roads we will be
traveling:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/LickObservatory.htm

Here are some photos of the last Run to the Hills:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/petervanderpas/album?.dir=/9345&.src=ph&.tok=ph3KBdCBYMrsndjB

Let me know if you are interested.

Peter van der Pas
former owner '68 2000 (now belongs to my son)

http://my.yahoo.com