RE: OT, Balboa Park

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OT, Balboa Park
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:21:18 -0700
Sure, you can divide 360 by 7, just don't expect to get an even number of
degrees. Nothing says it has to be, except our sense of symmetry. It's
pretty easy on a radial engine.

V-type engines are tougher, but some of the Formula 1 engines have very
unusual V-angles to accomodate different requirements for aerodynamic
packaging and center of gravity. I suspect the rod journals are offset from
each other, but I don't know for sure.