Positve camber is a no-no

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Positve camber is a no-no
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:32:11 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I just want to clarify that positive camber is where the top of the tire leans
out away from the car.  Negative camber is where the tire leans towards the car.

For good handling you should always have negative camber.
For good road manners you should have positive caster.
For good tire wear you should have a tiny bit of toe-in.

My suggestions are:
-1.5 degrees camber
+1.5 degrees caster
1/8" toe-in

This is for a daily driver car and for good handling.

The tires, swaybar, and spring rate play a big role in how much negative camber
is enough.
My 68 street SRL with street tires handles very well with -1.5 degrees.
My 68 race car on DOT legal radial racing tires does well with -2.5 degrees.
My 68 race car on bias ply slicks does best at -2 degrees.

Thanks,

Andy

68 2000
68 KA24DE