Re: wipers

To: Richard Hugi <richard@tntarch.com>
Subject: Re: wipers
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:32:07 -0500
Richard,

This was discussed some time back. As I recall only one person tried it,
and he believed that it was not a good idea, as the park switch inside
the motor gave up the ghost shortly thereafter. Unless that switch is
really puny, adding intermittent wipers to a Roadster shouldn't cause
this, but I haven't opened up a wiper motor to look at the contacts. If
they ARE puny, a circuit could be added outside the motor to keep the
higher currents from going through the park switch, thereby saving the
switch contacts.

I plan on adding intermittent wipers to my 67.5 some time in the future.
Right now it is sitting in the car shed waiting patiently for me to
rebuild the engine!

Peace,
Pat