5th Gear fixes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5th Gear fixes
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:20:58 -0500
Well, my tranny is back at to the shop.  I was wondering if anyone out there
had ALL the fixes for the 5th gear problem.   I am 100% sure this is a Servo
box (steel syncros) and pretty sure it has a splined 5th gear, but
increasingly not so sure it's got the double nut system on the mainshaft, so
it really makes sense to get all the info I can right now, right?  I
absolutely don't want a repeat performance of 5th gear neutral (or any other
problems with this tranny!)    whatever you all do send me, I'll send it on
to www.311s.org tech page so we all have that info once and for all!
thanks in advance!

Eric