OT-Synthetic Oil

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT-Synthetic Oil
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:06:48 -0500
Just picked up a new '05 Accord and am thinking about running synthetic.
Questions include when to switch over and what to use. Honda recommends 10K
change intervals, way too long, IMO. I'm figuring maybe 5K at the most for
both oil and filter. Also, I've been told by someone who should know that
Honda issued a service bulletin a while back that said not to change the oil
in a new car until at least 7K to allow the rings, etc., to seat.

Regarding what to use, I'm figuring either Mobil 1 or Redline, leaning
toward Mobil 1 since it's both more readily available and usually cheaper
than Redline, especially if I get it on sale. I've seen Royal Purple
advertised but don't see it here in Central Texas, and I'd guess the best
way to get Amzoil would be to become a dealer.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Ron