Re: differential?

To: girault@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: differential?
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:01:54 -0500
Girault,

Have you checked the transmission cluster shaft bearings?  Just drain
the fluid (after making sure you can get the fill plug out), remove the
pan and see if the cluster gear can be moved up and down and/or sideways
(not along the shaft, but sideways of the car). If it moves, the
bearings and probably the shaft need to be replaced.

You can either get a trans pan gasket, or some cork gasket material and
make your own gasket to use when you put the pan back on. Don't over
tighten the bolts, the tighter the bolts, the more it will leak.

Peace,
Pat