RE: Roll bar & FIVE Point Harness Modifications

To: "Richard Garretson" <datsunroadster@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Roll bar & FIVE Point Harness Modifications
From: racery@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:53:21 +0000
I've done this on a different car-

if you weld ears onto the bar at your seatback height,
you can bolt on a horizontal bar to use for the harnesses.
And remove it for daily driving, since having a bar there is pretty distracting.

BUT I would strongly advise against 4 point harnesses.  A 5- point camlock is
not much more money, and that 5th point keeps the lap belt from getting pulled
up and causing massive intestinal damage.  A 4- pointer can (especially in a
rollover) lift the lap belt, and if it's loose, it will no longer restrain your
hips.  At that point, you're much better off with a 3- point.

my '002
Toby