MR2 vs S2000

To: Eric Gillis <egillis@ceres.k12.ca.us>,
Subject: MR2 vs S2000
From: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:10:23 -0400
Don't worry about the Honda valve gear. Long ago, like many other
manufactures they moved away from external timing belts for a number of
their engines. Probably because dumb owners refused to follow service
requirements  and never had them changed, resulting in some very expensive
engine noises. The S2000 engine uses timing chains, and no L brackets!

P.S. I'm a bit prejudiced since my son has an S2000 and its a blast(as long
as you keep it above 6000 rpm) Kinda sorry he moved away, but the neighbors
aren't; too many impromptu competitions between the S2000 and my E46 M3
(both with free flow exhausts)

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 00099