Daily Driver - was (Re: Jim Scrager question)

To: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Daily Driver - was (Re: Jim Scrager question)
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:43:46 -0500
> Eric
>
> Off topic again: does anyone have an opinion which is cooler: 93 MR2 turbo vs
> Honda S2000 for daily beater duties.

If you want a fairly inexpensive/reliable/versatile driver I'd look for a
clean mid-90s Integra hatchback. I had a white '88 special edition and it
was fun and well balanced even though it was bone stock except for KYB
shocks and Toyo tires and had only 120 HP. The later cars were even nicer
even if the styling was a bit stodgy, IMO. They're also very useful for
carting stuff around. I routinely carted an 8-bus/24 track Mackie mixer, a
couple of 12 space rack cases plus a bunch of other bits in mine, with the
rear seat down, of course.

The GS-Rs and Type Rs were a bit buzzy, like the current RSX Type R and the
S2000, but you'd probably want to check the different versions out yourself.
You can check out <cars.com> to get an idea of availability and price for
whatever you're interested in.

HTH,
Ron