Re: Leaky brake master

To: "John Friederich" <j.f@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Leaky brake master
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:32:24 -0500
A new master cylinder for a dual circuit car is going to run around
$200 (I know, Yikes!).  There is a school of thought out there that the
bore is anodized and cannot be honed, but I have reason to believe that
the part is bored and machined after anodizing.  (at least that is the
case with the rear wheel cylinders).  Still, i don't imagine honing a
dual circuit master is as straightforward as honing a wheel cylinder.

A re-sleeve from white post restorations will be as expensive as a new
Master, but with the brass sleeve, and a lifetime guarantee, it might
be your best bet.

-Marc T.
On Aug 8, 2005, at 2:27 PM, John Friederich wrote:

> No brakes, brake master leaking like crazy out the front, dripping down
> firewall soaking the carpet.  I'll be removing it this afternoon -
> what are my
> options?  Hone & repair kit? Re-sleeve & kit?  New master cylinder
> from a
> vender?  Approx. costs?  Thanks for your help,

Marc Tyler Sisterdale TX
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642