What causes zero compression?

To: datsun roadsterlist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: What causes zero compression?
From: "Mr. McDougall" <flxible42@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:14:43 -0700 (PDT)
ok, yes I have bad news for me but I would like to
understand just how bad, maybe?
my number 1 cyl is just not generating any
compression, yet when I blow into the hole with the
compression hose , it resists completle, I also cant
seem to suck any air through the hose.  I have checked
and even compared the valve clearances and I can see
the valve stems moving up and down when I crank it
over.  The only thing I can think of is that the
piston isn't moving (yikes)?  Anything else?
Mick
PS I know I am a pain, but I would like to join the
running roadster club someday.