Oil Dipstick holder? Steering shaft slop?

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Dipstick holder? Steering shaft slop?
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:35:19 -0700
I just noticed that one of the blocks I have (not the one I'm using) has an
oil dipstick with an O ring to seal the crankcase.
Is it possible to remove/swap the tube that holds the dipstick into the block
I am going to use? I would like to seal that opening.

Also have some up and down slop of the steering shaft in it's "tube" at the
dashboard end. Is there some sort of bearing or bushing that's supposed to be
in there?

Thanks
Daryl