NORCAL -> Re: Last nights meet

To: Jim Svedise <svedise@hotmail.com>,
Subject: NORCAL -> Re: Last nights meet
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
Last night's Norcal meet in Santa Clara/Sunnyvale was
FUN!

Background: The call for the Datsun get together
didn't go out until Wednesday (one day before the
meet). The plan was for local Datsun folks to meet up
a DGR Datsun Works, in Santa Clara,CA at 8:00 PM, then
go to an impromptu car "get-together" at the local
Starbucks a few miles away.

Start time was at 8:00PM...but I was running
late..closer to 8:30PM. When I arrived, there were
probably 15 Datsuns. Wow! This was a small car show
onto itself! There was 2.5 roadsters there:

1) Jim - brought his beautifully newly painted 70 2000
2) Eddie - with his sweet 67 SR20 roadster
2.5) Myself - with the half finished Ka24de swap into
my 66 1600.

Lots of trick 510s, z-cars and a silvia.

At a little past 9PM folks drove down to the local
Starbucks for coffee and an "impromtu" car
get-together.

When we got there there were HUNDREDS of tricked out
cars filling a massive shopping center plaza. Tons of
Honda s2000, plentry of 350Zs, Silvias and every type
of import you could imagine. Must have been about 200+
cars by the time 10PM hit.

The look of the shocked Starbucks baristas was
classic...You know, nice quiet Thursday evening...then
within 1 hour 200+ classic cars, imports and pimped
out rides show up at your front door!

All in all, it was a great, well-behaved crowd. The
Classic Datsuns definately turned some heads. Even had
a BADROC "Blast From The Past" appearance from Van
Pham!

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA