Re: Brake MC - things I've learned so far

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake MC - things I've learned so far
From: Tom Duffy <tomuo@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:30:13 -0700
I found that using a combination of 1/4" socket extensions and a
universal joint allowed
me to loosen the brake MC bottom nut.
socket -> 2" extension -> universal joint -> 4" (or 6") extension -> wrench

I was trying to install the firewall brace, but I then got stuck on how
to remove the
stud. As noted in a previous post, this is a press fit it, so you need
to swing something
heavy at the end to knock it out.    I haven't found anything suitable
as an extension
for the hammer head yet...

Tom
'68 1600 in Sunnyvale CA, taking a rest in the garage this year awaiting
new rear springs and
a tune up.