Racing roadsters, update

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing roadsters, update
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 06:50:21 -0400
  Teddy Seidenfeld competed in his first SCCA races this past weekend at
BeaveRun Racing Complex.  The U20 we built up from 3 parts car motors and a
few left over R16 racing parts, ran great all weekend.  It just needs a new
valve cover gasket and gaskets for the two bolts that hold the cover on.
  Saturday's practice went well.  His group consisted of a FP Honda, an EP
TR3, and 7 Spec Fords.  When Teddy went up to the grid for his race in the
afternoon, the clouds gathered up and dumped a few inches of rain in his lap
before they called the race and sent everybody back to the paddocks.
Thankfully when the rains stopped, they let the group before him go back
out, finish their race, and got the track almost dry.  Teddy went back to
the grid on slicks and the TR3 on rain tires.  Teddy guessed right and after
3 laps the track was just about dry and he started reeling in the TR3.
Passed him about half way through the race and then drove on to a checkered
flag!
  Sunday was a much nicer day.  Practice again went well.  The TR3 set a
faster qualifying lap, on slicks today, and started in front of Teddy.  With
a dry track and about 30 years of race experience, he quickly pulled away.
But then with about 3 laps left in the race, the TR3 decided to not brake at
the end of the front straight and really over cooked the corner.  A few
bounces out in the dirt and a couple of 360's later, Teddy passed him.  The
TR3 restarted and took off, only to go about 500 yards before realizing just
how much damage was done to his steering.  And Teddy takes first in class at
his second race!
  Two races, two checkered flags.  Not bad for a college professor/rookie
driver!

  And for those of you that know me, I should add, that Teddy's wife and
daughter provided some excellent food for the weekend.  No deviled eggs, but
the spazel was fantastic!

Paul Kort
Ohio
Sloan Racing