Thanks, the problem persists, update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks, the problem persists, update
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:49:52 GMT
Hi gang, wanted to thank all of you who responded to my questions about vacuum
leaks and ignition.  As an update, I was up until 3:30 am last night
checking/cleaning grounds and re-writing/replacing my ignition and main power
systems, eliminating any possibilities of a poor signal to the electronic
ignition.  Changed spark plugs, tested resistance in the plug wires, and poked
and probed every inch of the car.  Fired it up this morning... problem still
there!  Called Dean at Fairlady and ordered new rubber isolators, gaskets and
an intake gasket (just to be sure).  As one person suggested, I am going to
pull the intake manifold and have it checked for flatness on both carb and head
meeting points and have it milled if needed... will watch for cracks too, but
that seems unlikely.  I am also strongly considering having the mounting holes
on the manifold that mount the rubber isolators welded up, re-drilled and
studded to match the carbs so I can use those neat o-ring isolators that most
manifolds use to mount the carbs... they are 1/3 the price and half the
thickness of the rubber isolators we have to use now, and would allow just a
bit more room for filters or in my case the air box.  If that is the case, I
will have new isolators for sale on ebay, along with a really nice set of 48mm
SK racing carbs that probably did not need replacing.  I am letting you all
know about my struggle in case others have similar problems in the future.
And, as I have told others whose Roadsters were "challenging" them, she is just
testing me to see if I still love her.  And I do.  But one of these days "Pow,
right to the moon!"
Greg Burrrows, 67 2000