MG Seats - Revisited

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Seats - Revisited
From: "Eric Hankinson" <eric@railpros.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:49:39 -0700
I saw a real nice restored MGB GT for sale at the Pomona swap this morning.
As such, I was able to confirm that the footwells are much lower in the MGB
than in the Datsun; and as such the MG seats are noticeably taller.

Eric Hankinson

>>Eric H wrote on 8/23

On Car and Driver Television a few weeks ago, they did a European Tour of
their favorite European sports cars.  One of the cars they profiled was the
MGB.  They opined that because the MGB was unibody construction, the floor
pans were LOWER than previous roadsters and thus were better accommodating
of Americans' larger physiques.  Since our Datsuns are body-on-frame, I
would closely inspect the MG seat height as compared to the Datsun seat. The
Car and Driver comment suggests that the MG seats may be taller...