Nissan Parts prices

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nissan Parts prices
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:42:02 -0400
Someone related to me how much he paid for various items recently.

I browsed through the Rising Sun 1984 pricelist and found the following: 2L
timing components were about 195 in total. Tail lights were 17. Doorhandles
15, 66/67 small gauges were an average of $22 per and the list goes on.

I remember when 2L heads were on sale for less than 400 and overriders were 16
or less. Nissan actually reduced some prices just to move the items.

We are still lucky to be able to get OEM parts after all these years although
prices have gone up dramatically. I know someone who had a VW minibus and less
than 3 years after they stopped production he couldn't get rear axles! And
they sold a lot of those buses.