fuel leaks was Roadster sighting in LA

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel leaks was Roadster sighting in LA
From: Greg Chirpich <sportstergreg@everestkc.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:31:50 -0700
Mike thinks of striking a match:  ( I know.  I know.  Bad humor.)

 >I haven't seen a Roadster on the street driving by since the mid 80s
when I saw one in Manhattan walking home and leaking gas from the fuel
pump like a sieve.

When I first got mine running the fuel pump on mine did the same.  For
some reason, I took a screwdriver to the bolts before pulling it.
Every bolt needed at least a half turn, some more.  It hasn't leaked
since.  I took some comfort in that the exhaust is on the other side of
the engine.

But, .... I was still smelling some gas after shut off.  When I pulled
the air cleaner, I could see that the hoses from the fuel bowls to the
jets were so aged that gas was leaking through the hose.  Hmmm, little
close to the exhaust manifold to take a chance.  Any guesses on how
long the windshield wiper hose (It was all I could find that would
fit.) will hold up to gasoline?  :-)

Greg
69 2000
Overland Park, KS
uponblockswaitingforanewbrakeline division