Re: Trunk Gaskets etc. (long)

To: <Rdstr311@aol.com>, <az589@lafn.org>, <spl310@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Trunk Gaskets etc. (long)
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:17:07 -0700
Rdstr311@aol.com  wrote: "Hey Sid how do I become one of your cronies??"

How old are you? Twelve? We don't need this kind of crap on this list.

Also: " I did not find anything offensive in what you said, you stated an
opinion which this forum is all about."

Sorry Sid, but from where I am sitting it did come across as a kind of swipe
at Stan (maybe not exactly offensive), even if it were unintended. Perhaps
if it were written a little differently......

And: "If someone can't take constructive criticism they should get off this
list."

Again Sid, I'm sorry, but it didn't come accross as "constructive"
criticism. Again probably the forum and the inability to read anything but
words. Hearing and seeing the person saying those words could put a whole
different spin on it.

Just my opinion, but I think these "characters" (for lack of a better term -
in mixed company) who can't sign their names and hide behind email addresses
and pseudonyms should be removed from the list if all they add is unwanted
and unnecessary "noise".

Dean wrote: "Honestly, you seem really, really injured and hurt right now.
I hope you can get some help with all the frustration, bitterness and anger
your experiencing. I feel bad for you and hope you can get through this
somehow."

Dean, this just "sounds" a tad too mushy for my taste. Like an antagonist to
his victim. I've heard women in the secretary pool fight like this. I expect
a little more professionalism from the vendors on this list.

STAN!!
I don't know how you got to be the whipping boy on this list, but you've got
to quit giving these !@@#$*! fuel to work with. I understand you may be
frustrated with it. Try not to let it get to you. Avoid using names. Reply
to the list about the quoted problem with your take on it. We aren't stupid
out here, and a calm and reasoned reply will win you more respect and
customers.

That being said, I've got three questions for you about your trunk gasket:
1: Will it leak?
2: Will the trunk close properly?
3: Will it last?

I have recieved a lot of help and information from this list and for the
most part really enjoy reading it. I have also stepped up when I can to help
others when my expertise (not much) has warranted. I do get discouraged with
some of this bickering that happens, sometimes too frequently, and know that
some good people have left the list because of it. It is too bad because it
only hurts those of us left on the list. Push enough of the good people off
the list and all you end up with are replies like Rdstr311 left, which don't
really help me or anyone else keep their car running.

Daryl Smith
'66 R1800, Edis ignition and a whole lot of other mods.
Delta, BC, Canada