Open letter to Daryl, Stan and the list...

To: drlsmith@telus.net, Rdstr311@aol.com, az589@lafn.org,
Subject: Open letter to Daryl, Stan and the list...
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:52:27 -0400
Daryl,

I am not Rdstr311, but it appears from your note that you believe that I
did.  I do not use pseudonyms.  I put my name on my posts.

Stan,

I looked back at the initial post, and it is a bit heavy handed in some
wording.  I should have worded it a bit better.  I am sorry about that.  I
know that you have sold a lot of stuff over the years and hope that you keep
doing so.  You have some good parts and your efforts brought a good solution
to some problems.

List,

I really did not intend this to be a flame war.  I know that some of you
don't believe that, but there is not much I can do to change that belief.  I
have received positive and negative messages regarding my post.  I have been
accused of being out to get Stan.  I have no interest in doing that.  I have
been accused of being a shill for Dean and Gerardo.  Again, I have no
interest in doing that.  I have posted a lot on the list, the vast majority
of which was well received.  Unfortunately, e-mail leaves a lot to be
desired as a communication medium, and things can be read any number of
ways.  While I do not intend to stop posting my opinion about things, I will
take more time to reread the posts before I send them.  Some have suggested
that I keep my opinion to myself.  I don't plan to do that.  I will not
defame or denegrate anyone on the list, nor will I post a website that does
the same.

I apologize for the outcome of my posts regarding the trunk gaskets.  I
tried to balance the disappointment that I expressed with the gaskets with
news of items that I was very happy with.  That information has been
completely swept aside though.  I will continue to post my thoughts, opinion
and knowledge to try to help the folks out in Roadsterland...

Regards,

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html