fuel lines

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel lines
From: Greg Chirpich <SportsterGreg@everestkc.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:33:09 -0700
Thank you all for suggestions on replacing the fuel lines from the
bowls to the jets.

I stopped by a lawn and garden equipment shop today and picked up a
foot of Tygon line for a $1.20.  Checking the website, the temperature
range is listed from -35 (not that I'll be driving the roadster at that
temp) to 165.  Certainly better than what I've got now but it concerns
me as it is relatively close to the exhaust manifold.

Mike had mentioned Vitube.  The website listed a temperature range of
-40 to 400.  It took a little digging to find it on the MSC Industrial
website.  It is more expensive, $3.97 a foot if I remember right but
they apparently sell it by the foot.  I'm going to order a little of
that. It is just too close to the exhaust manifold for my comfort.

I didn't have time to check the temperature range for a rubber hose so
I might be all wet assuming that the Vitube will hold up better.

To find the Vitube on the MSC site, I had to search for gasoline
tubing, then select Hose, Tubing & Fittings (not automotive), then
select Tubing, then select Rubber.  Then I had to refine the search by
specifying maker/brand as "New Age Industries" and specifying material
as "Viton".

How Mike found that without knowing it was there is beyond me.

Hope this helps somebody.

Greg
69 2000
Woohoo!mybrakepartsfromDeanarrivedtoday division