Gas guzzling Roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas guzzling Roadster
From: Bill Cole <datrock@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:22:59 -0700
    I have a 68 spl that a couple year back I did an engine conversion
to a U20 and now I'm planning on swapping the motor back to an R for
economical reasons. I used to get 30+ MPG with the old worn out R that
was in the car. The U20 that is currently in the car probably get 18
MPG, if even that. Does that sound right? It is mostly driven around
town and country roads with a little freeway driving.

     I'm running S/U's with RA needles and a "B" cam and MSD for
ignition, 390 gears. and 195/60/14 tires. I know there are a few people
out there with a very similar U20 roadster setup and was wonder if they
get lousy mileage too. So what U20 mileage do you get?

 I forgot the heavy foot part, too. I love my U20 power but it's mileage
sucks.

Bill Cole