RE: wiring - BTDT

To: sumton@sbcglobal.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: wiring - BTDT
From: "Karl Payne" <karlepayne@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 09:50:11 -0700
I'm currently in the process of rewiring my 1600, and it's going well so
far.
I went with the EZ wiring harness
~http://www.ezwiring.com/minitwenty.htm~
I did not remove the original harness because the concern I might forget how
some circuit was laid out.  So I am proceeding with a  parallel
installation.
As of this weekend, I have all the rear end complete; tail lights, brake
lights and blinkers all working.
The front end is complete, headlights, park and blinkers all OK.
Once I get the instrument panel and dash all working, then *AND ONLY THEN* I
will start snipping out the old harness, one wire at a time, verifying all
functions before removing each wire.
I'm doing it this way because I am a total, absolute retard when it comes to
electrons.  I barely understand a basic circuit POS --> LOAD --> GROUND.
So that is my BTDT... not quite DT yet.  LOL
The one thing that is a real win is that I am finally learning about auto
electrics... long overdue.