windshield frame refinishing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: windshield frame refinishing
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:35:17 -0800 (PST)
Happy New Year-

  I am thinking about having my windshield frame and quarter windows ground and
rechromed (67.5).  I have found five chromers in Georgia (which is funny as
none advertise anywhere) however I am hoping for specific referrals from
anybody who has done these/been through this.

  It seems like the quarter windows may be tricky as the small ridge detail
would be easily ground off?

  Anybody see Dennis Gage on his show My Classic Car talking chrome, he likes
Paul's Chrome as they are careful enough not to grind too much so your stuff
still fits.  However I hear they are quite pricey.

  While I'm at it I have a parts wanted list (any 65-67.5 should be fine), good
condition or better:

  Console lock surround plate
  Seat belts
  Wing window handles