E-Bay Parts for Sale: Brake Lines and Stock Speaker Box

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, chalsted@adelphia.net
Subject: E-Bay Parts for Sale: Brake Lines and Stock Speaker Box
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:25:48 -0500
Good Morning Fellow Roadster Owners,

I have cleaned out my shop this winter, really deep into the corners.  I
have taken out all my roadster spare parts, and looked at them, and wiped
them down with WD-40 and put them back again, and in general had a good time
finding a place for everything.  After all was said and done, I had a few
things to put on E-bay.  Only two roadster items:
Item number 8028413380 and Item 8028401091

One item is a set of 4 front brake lines, for the calipers.  They are used,
but very good condition.  I have looked at all the rolled lips with a
magnifying glass and see no cracks or defects.  There is no rust, and the
plastic coating is gone off the lines so they are not rusty.  The nuts spin
freely on them.  I had a brake leak that I thought was one of these lines
and installed 4 (very expensive) new ones, but the problem was only a loose
fitting.  This fitting  started leaking after the throttle stuck open at
high speed, and was the result of a pretty interesting stop under less than
ideal circumstances.  (lesson learned:  do not try and get that last
horsepower out of the engine by making the throttlc cable so tight that the
carbs are open wide before the throttle is floored!).
Yes!  You should always buy new brake parts!  But these lines are in very
good shape and will most likely go for a lot less than new ones.

The other item is a stock AM Speaker, in its STock AM speaker box.  My dog
was nice enough to pose in this picture....I just put this out there in case
someone it putting their car back to stock and needs this part.  Opening bid
is one dollar.

Other non-roadster parts found in the garge cleanup include ignition parts
for a 1982 Johnson 9.9 or 15 HP outboard, 1980s vintage VW CV joint boots,
and a wind chime.  You can certainly look at those if interested as well!

Bidding ends in 4 days or so, except for the CV boots, which end in a day or
so.

I am debating selling some of my other bigger ticket roadster items to help
finance the 510 sportwagon project.  If I do that, I will offer them to
SEROC and this list before I write the E-bay ad.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia
67 pushrod 2L 5spd