Re: Emergency Contact List

To: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Emergency Contact List
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:36:10 -0600
Mike,

I bought my latest Roadster about 6 years ago in the Los Angeles area.
We flew out and drove it up to San Francisco, then to Solvang before we
turned East. Not wanting to take the highways, we headed for Sedona, AZ,
Santa Fe, NM, and finally back to Austin. I  too had an extensive spares
kit, but in San Francisco the head gasket went, so we spent a couple
days in a relatives driveway getting the engine back in shape. That was
the only problem we had, except for the brake line that wore through,
rubbing against an engine hose clamp! Taking our time it took less than
a week.

I drove that car daily for years, then a little over a year ago I lost
compression in #4. The Roadster is sitting patiently waiting for me to
get time to rebuild the engine, then it will once again be a daily driver.

Peace,
Pat

Mike Harper wrote:

>I'm sure Dave will be posting a bunch of pictures once
>we get back, (probably a lot of "Welcome to <STATE>"
>signs with the roadster figured prominently.  I'd like
>to thank everyone who responded and offered help along
>the way.  I've packed a pretty extensive emergency
>parts kit, but you can never have enough stuff.  We
>may well call on someone, but I hope not.
>Unfortunately, we will not have a lot of time to visit
>or dawdle, as we are supposed to be in Dallas and
>working at our real jobs by Tuesday, then heading back
>to the east coast next weekend.  I have always wanted
>to do a Stupid Roadster Road Trip, but could never
>find a reason, or someone as wild as I am to do it
>with until now.  Wish us luck, we will let you know
>how it went. (My first novel may be in here somewhere)
>
>Mike SC
>
>--- Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Wow! When I started my search, no one suggested
>>buying and driving home. Had
>>mine shipped from San Jose.

-
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --