RE: South East folks - Step up and help a Datsun owner

To: vlaury@earthlink.net, ClassicDatsunPickups@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: RE: South East folks - Step up and help a Datsun owner
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:56:29 -0500
For all,
I have quite a bit of experience with old Datsuns, including a 1972 510
Station Wagon, which is mechanically very similar to your pickup.  I am in
the Southeast Corner of Virginia, and a little too far away to stop by, but
I can try to give advice over the internet at any time.

You might be surprised, but most parts are still availabile at places like
advance auto.  It is actually a simple vehicle with lots of cool little easy
to service features.  Notice the glass window on the side of the carb so you
can see if its getting gas?

Just tune it up, change the fluids, and drive it around and see what else it
might need, is my advice.
Anything with rubber (hoses, brake parts) is probably at risk of going bad,
so becareful with driving until you work thru and look at a lot of these
parts.

I might want to buy it!   Do you have pictures?
Thanks,
Jim