Re: Oldest existing Datsun Car on eBay .......

To: BLUEBIRDS@bluebirds.datsun510.com,
Subject: Re: Oldest existing Datsun Car on eBay .......
From: "Merlin" <merlin@datsunhistory.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:40:10 -0800
Lots of these Datsuns came over in the 50's with US servicemen returning
from Airforce or Navy duty in Japan and Korea... I know of at least 4 that
came in that way... its like all those fancy Fair Lady Z's at the LA Z Show....
same thing.

Here's the ones I know about ... East coast Z guy has a 33 Datsun Fire truck,
Nissan USA has a 35-37' roadster
Texas auto dealer sold a 37 hard top on ebay on 98 for about 20k
another '35 roadster was sold out of amuseum collection recently somewhere
in the southwest.

An Airman in texas has a 37 roadster in a garage somehwere, though this
may be the Cohasco car, and then there's the Cohasco car...

There are also rumored to be a group fo 4 cars from the 30's somewhere in
the texas new mexico area, enough to build two good cars...

The british auto museum at beleieu? has a 33-34 hard top imported to england
by Herbert Austin to see if the Japanese were ripping off the Austin 7,
Nissan japan has about 5 30's cars, Toyota has at least 2- one being a Nissan
70 that was made on Graham Paige tooling and looks exactly like a Graham
6.  A 34 Phaeton just turned up in Australia, fully restored... there may
be another one there too... i'll know shortly...

Merlin

Merlin Blackwell
Blackwell Park Operations Ltd.
www.explorewellsgray.com