RE: L series engines- turbo...

To: <RacerY@comcast.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: L series engines- turbo...
From: "Eric Gillis" <egillis@ceres.k12.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:27:17 -0800
That's Craig Hooper's 2000.  Great guy to hang out with, killer roadster
stories.  He makes it to Shasta each year and we went over with him, Gerardo
and Francis to Japan for the SP/SR Club 30th Ann. this past Nov.  I would say
that there is mucho 'engineering/thought captial' in that motor, Craig has
spent many hours planning and designing a fantastic execution of the
supercharged U20, not to mention the outright cost of getting it done right.

As for the L series swap, stick to the SR20 or KA24, or maybe a H20/2000
stroker for the OEM look, for what its worth.  Now I want an RB25DET in my Z
after this weekends Japantown show in SF where Rob Fuller (www.zcargarage.com)
brought out his nice, nice green Z.

Enjoy, cant wait for autox season... Must avoid the radar...

Eric Gillis
Modesto, CA

btw - Polar Bear Run - first weekend in March, Central Valley Foothills, CA.
More info to come...