OT-Driving a BMW E46 M3!!!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT-Driving a BMW E46 M3!!!!
From: "alvin gogineni" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:34:34 +0000
I know this is way off topic but surely all car enthusiasts can appreciate a
good ride!

My friend Mike let me borrow his 2005 E46 M3 for the day and the car is
simply amazing. Acceleration, braking, comfort...it's all there.
This was my first time experimenting with a stability control system...when
engaged it's almost impossible to upset the car. I couldn't initate a drift
with it on. Turn it off and whoo-hooo, the  Bimmer steps out big-time!
The steering feedback is phenomenal...the handling isn't as great as the
E36, but geez that drivetrain is incredible.
Oh my god that engine is sweet...it's buttery smooth even in high rpm
ranges.

The Navigation system was a hoot as well, I'm such a sellout!

I took some pics of the M3 when I stopped by work today and I also took some
video clips of some roll-on acceleration runs. Did a few 80-100 runs and a
30-100, and 80-130mph.
I wanted to video tape myself drifting in our parking lot, but I was alone
:(  It was fun though, just don't tell Mike, HA!

The only negative part of this wonderful car was the shifter, but even worse
is the feeling I'll get when I step into my roadster tomorrow and wonder how
to make it just as fast as that M3...
Enjoy,
Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/album/546853052ZORnco