RE: Rebuilt Engine Ready to leak - Help

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rebuilt Engine Ready to leak - Help
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:51:07 +0000
If you've done it RIGHT and gotten both the manifold and the ports surfaced,
then I'd say that Gordon was being overcautious.

But NO-ONE machines those, so I'm in full agreement- the surfaces are seldom
perfect, and the worst thing that can happen is a little seep that will erode
the surfaces...  so I seal it, too.

But I don't usually use sealant on gaskets...  well, except maybe on the
thermostat tower on a 1600...

Toby

From: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>