RE: EI Distributor Installation Question(s)

To: "'datsun roadster'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: EI Distributor Installation Question(s)
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 21:01:15 -0400
Thank you all for the immediate replies,
Graeme, Andy, John, Leigh, Pete. Between you guys, I think I have my answer.
Plug wires are correct. I did pull the dist stand to alter the position of
the gear. I did start (every time) at TDC. Since the car is, and has been
running well, the crank and valve timing are correct. The correct valves are
closed in time with each compression stroke for each cylinder when rotating
the engine by hand. Since I have not altered the timing by removing the
head, timing chain, or other such part, I now believe that I can fix the
issue by rotating the gear a little at a time to achieve the desired result
without adverse effect.

Sorry the orig note was so long. I tried to get all pertinent info in there.

Lovin you guys!!
Matt Smith,
And Loreli (she's guna be a little bit zippier 70' Silver Solex!)