Re: Wiring - 80's Nissan fuse box

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Wiring - 80's Nissan fuse box
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:00:46 -0700
Pete,

Got both your replies......

Thanks for posting the Micra link. We only got the first gen Micra up here
in Canada. They were bare bones econoboxes that made the roadster almost
luxurious.

Sorry I can't remember the genius on this list that brought these fuseboxes
up in the first place.....
It'll be there a couple times if you do a search.

Harness colours won't match the Roadtser, Tho I wasn't trying to match them.
I used it solely for the EFI components. The MS stands for Megasquirt.
Not quite installed yet. Hopefully in a couple of days. I'll shoot you a
picture as soon as it's in.

"considering that new wire is $20+ per roll...."
Ya, The wrecking yard here charges you for the whole harness with the
fusebox ($35), so I considered just cutting the fusebox from the Micra, and
getting the rest of the harness out of the biggest, most option laden
vehicle in the lot (Caddy, Lincoln, Caprice?). It is a bit of a pain both
getting the harness out, and stripping it down, but, you know you are
getting good automotive grade wire, easily identifiable with lots of colours
and sizes, and more than enough of it. If you have the time/patience.

Cheers
Daryl
'66 R1800cc EFI 5spd project