Wiring - 80's Nissan fuse box

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring - 80's Nissan fuse box
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:56:17 -0700
A while back someone mentioned using the 80's Nissan fuse boxes for a rewire
project. They are made to bolt to a flat surface.

I have seen them in 10 (Micra), 15 (pickup), and 20 (Sentra) circuit
configurations with the relays (3 or 4) clipped right to them. Fairly compact.

The terminals are relatively easy to pull out and re-arrange with the correct
size wiring. Pick up a 2nd box to make sure you get enough of the larger wires
with the terminal ends on them.

I used a Micra 10 cct box with 3 realys to add the MS to my car. The box with
relays measures 15 cm by 8 cm by 8 cm tall. (about 6" x 3" x 3" ). The Sentra
20 cct box is about an inch wider.

Cost from the wreckers with the complete Sentra harness, 5 relays etc. $35.00

So, thanks for the pointer, this is working out very well for my project.

Daryl