Re: Stroker Motor questions...

To: bmartin@tlvengineering.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stroker Motor questions...
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:09:22 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/2006 11:53:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
bmartin@tlvengineering.com writes:

Would like to ask what experience people might have had with the  different
carburetor options for an R16 stroker motor.  The engine  has been
completely rebuilt and is running a slightly modified street cam  (280 lift,
457 duration).  The carbs are currently the stock 1600 and  I'd like to see
if anyone has any input on running the 2000 carbs?  I  would like to stay
with the SU carbs for more low end power and my Dad  will be driving this
car so I don't think he'd have his foot in it as much  as Mikunis like.

If you do the math the stock R16 carbs will flow all that you can get
through the ports in the R16 head regardless of the displacement. You will need
sort metering needles to get best performance. That said, going with the 2L
carbs is popular. To get it to flow properly a bit of work will need to be done
 to the inside of the manifold and you will also have to experiment with
metering  needles. On one of the sets I did I took the air horns from a 2L air
cleaner and  transplanted then to the 1600 air cleaner base. Looked very stock
on
the stroker  motor.

keith