Transmission speedometer cable oil leak - 69 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission speedometer cable oil leak - 69 2000
From: Paul Souza <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 21:48:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Everyone,
  Well .. I am so close to finally firing up my Roadster after 4 years. The
Rebello's engine has been sitting for 2 years and I am tired of turning it
manually to keep it safe.   I am hoping to fire it up tomorrow ...if not .. for
sure next weekend.  I can not believe how many details there are to putting the
car back together and I want to do it right which mean more time and money.

  I noticed oil coming out of the transmission cable that is attached to the
transmission.  I checked the cap, it is tight, and the gasket is in place but I
noticed oil that has drained out following the cable.  The Roadster is jacked
up on stands in front but this should make no difference.   Right ?

  Does anyone have advice on how to fix this?

  Thanks for everyone support,

  Paul Souza
  69 2000
  Vacaville, CA