Z car stroker recipe - L28E option.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Z car stroker recipe - L28E option.
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:50:13 +1030
"Figured I'd do a mildly built L-28, either SUs or FI (depending on cost for
the FI), a 5-speed and lower gearing. There are a number of tranny ratio
sets and rear gear combos that would make an L-28 powered car really scoot
off the line and still be quiet cruising in 5th.
Ron"

Hi list,
When I bought my 1973 240Z, it had lost the original engine and in its'
place was an L28E using the conventional twin round top Hitachi/SUs.
That thing went like a cut cat, even with a 3 speed auto.
I guess the EFI head had excellent breathing ability compared to the non-EFI
stuff.
Anyhoo, a well tweaked L28 should give hours of fun for all the family.