RE: Hub caps on ebay

To: 'Tim Putland' <tputland@charter.net>, 'Jim InVirginia'
Subject: RE: Hub caps on ebay
From: John Wightman <johnwightman@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:16:13 -0800
IMHO, The feedback system is a major problem on Ebay, and an opportunity for
someone with a better system to take a lot of Ebay's business. I think since
Ebay owns paypal, they should be able to link the timeliness of the payment
to the auction, and that the seller shouldn't be able to leave negative
feedback if the buyer paid on time. For that matter, an automatic
"positive-paid on time" feedback could be generated by the system and
applied to the buyer's account. Then additional feedback could be left by
the seller, but at least you'd know the guy pays on time.

Plus, the whole "private bidder" thing just allows a seller to bid on his
own auctions without repercussion, and without anyone being able to track it
down - like one particular bidder always seems to bid on a particular
seller's auctions, but never wins, etc.