Roadster key blank mailing, wiring investigation

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster key blank mailing, wiring investigation
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:55:51 -0800
Sorry for the delay, I got mired by work and sent off on a business trip
to Washington state.

Blanks will go in the mail this week, Monday at the latest.  I was
overwhelmed at the response, and from the tabulation, after posting the
offer at 6am, the supply had run out around 9:30am or so.  Whew!

I ceremoniously warmed up my car and drove it up on ramps and tore into
my fwd wiring harness.  Besides the remains of a fire that I found at
the front-left corner, I found that all wires going forward to the
radiator support were spliced right above the drivers side fenderwell.
Not sure the reason for that, but it doesn't really matter now.

One question:  on a stock harness, when a wire T's off, I have seen the
two outgoing wires have bullet connectors, and the incoming has a
double-bullet receptacle.  Is this supposed to be the case with all the
wiring T's?  I am not sure how much, if any, of the "side-spliced" wires
I am seeing is original.  It looks like someone spliced together two
harnesses to make one good one, but if I am going to rebuild a portion
of it, I might as well make it right.  ( I certainly have seen no
replacement double-bullet receptacles of the quality of the originals)

Thanks for being patient.

Fergus O, 69 200, HB, CA