mystery of the green roadster

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: mystery of the green roadster
From: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:24:37 -0500 (EST)
Hello List,

A few weeks ago, I was bidding on a green roadster in Sarnia, Ontario,
Canada. The reserve wasn't met and it was relisted. It failed to sell
again. Then it was listed a third time, but this time it was in Brighton,
Michigan under a different seller. It's definitely the same car, because
the photo and the description were exactly the same. I thought maybe the
owner had asked a friend in the U.S. (Brighton, Michigan is about 80 miles
from Sarnia) to sell it for him to appeal to a wider market, but that's
not the case. It seems the listing for the car mysteriously appeared out
of the blue under the other guy's name and he has no idea why. He's
telling people, in capital letters, not to bid on this item. Also, for
some reason it's described as a 1980 Datsun and the starting bid was
thousands less than what the owner wanted. The item is Ebay #160063592789.

The only thing I can think of, is that there is a Bright's Grove in
Sarnia. It's a suburb (and the hometown of pro golfer Mike Weir). It's a
similar name to "Brighton", Michigan, but this could just be a
coincidence. In any case, it's a bizarre mistake for Ebay to have made,
and hard to understand how it could have happened.

-Brian Reynolds
Toronto