Re: Beware eBay Virus GDR SS Stainless Steel Brake Line 65-70

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beware eBay Virus GDR SS Stainless Steel Brake Line 65-70
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:53:44 -0600
> Matt

> Anyone know what this horse does? Norton may not have quarantined it till
> tonight when it ran it's scan. I checked my bank account on-line this
> morning, before I checked my email, DAMMIT! Norton certainly found it. I
> checked these brake lines out (though I'll buy mine from Dean, when I get
> them). I'd sure hate to stop looking at things, just because I don't
> actually need them right now. I LOVE looking at ebay for Roadster parts.
> Definitely one more thing to be aware of tho.

At the risk of starting a "discussion" we have one PeeCee (a Dull..., er
Dell) and four Macs. I thought I was never gonna get rid of all of the
McAfee components when our initial subscription that came with the Dell ran
out. There really outta be a law against their, and Symantec's, invasive
installs and marketing, plus both company's components are incredible
resource hogs.

Now I've got AVG anti-virus on the Dell that updates itself and does a full
scan every night at 3:00am, along with Lavasoft's AdAware and Spybot Search
& Destroy. According to a large number of folks who's opinions I value use
AVG, Kaspersky or don't put their PCs on line at all, seriously.

If you insist on running a PC, get AVG or Kaspersky and learn how to set
them up and use them, along with AdAware and Spybot. Or pick up a refurbed
Intel Mac for maybe $700 and run XP only when you need to run Street &
Trips, Access, etc.

FWIW,
Ron