RE: Parts needed and question

To: "'Autox \(E-mail\)'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts needed and question
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 07:49:47 +1030
  Question:

  What's worked for you to effectively remove overspray from original
electrical wiring that won't attack the brittle plastic two and three prong
connectors and wiring insulation?

  Thank you.

  Pete Kandratieff
  Oregon City, Oregon

Hi Pete,
Can't help you with your solex stuff but....
Once I removed the wiring loom(s) from my car, I washed them thoroughly with
clothes detergent and a scrubbing brush to remove the grease, crud and such.
For overspray I just rubbed the affected parts with a paper towel which had
a LITTLE acrylic paint thinners on it.
You don't need much thinner, just enough to loosen the paint and viola! Job
done.
Experiment with a few hidden plugs to determine how robust they are and you
will gain confidence in attacking the ugly bits.

BEEEEEEutiful warm clear days here in Liddle Adelaide for the past week.

Pity I have been doing house maintenance instead of Roadster stuff!

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 Datsun Sports
1971 P510 Datsun 1600