Jet powered turbocharger

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Jet powered turbocharger
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:07:15 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
I read something about a turbo from the 60's that was legendary.  It used
gasoline injected in the exhaust which was ignited to spool the turbo.  I can't
find the place where I read about it and would love to know the company name
and possibly a link to information.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
It may have been independent of the exhaust, had two compressor wheels, and
used one to keep the jet running and the other to boost the motor.

Thanks,

Andy