RE: Differential oil opinions? -SYNTHETIC is my choice

To: pjmill@sonic.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Differential oil opinions? -SYNTHETIC is my choice
From: "Karl Payne" <karlepayne@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:28:02 -0700
I use Mobil 1 synthetic, based on the following experience:
After a 2-hour trip in my old Chevy pickup I got underneath to check
something and happened to touch the diff cover.  It was so hot I could not
keep my hand on it.
I changed the diff oil to Mobil 1 synthetic, and the next week, after the
same 2-hour trip I jumped under there to check and the diff cover was just
warm to the touch, but not uncomfortable.
That tells me a great deal about the lubrication properties of a straight
90W vs synthetic.
Ever since then I run synthetic in all my differentials, including the
roadster.
I even picked up a mile per gallon fuel economy as a bonus.
YMMV...

Karl

Awards.   http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2