Re: Basic roadster shocks?

To: Kevin T McDonald <ktmaustin@sbcglobal.net>, Roadster List
Subject: Re: Basic roadster shocks?
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:16:39 -0600
> Kevin

> I'm looking for a set of basic roadster shocks for a 69 2000.
> I'd like a set of shocks that fit without disassembly and can absorb real
> world road conditions.
> I'm definetly not looking for a rough riding autocross type unit.
> Any suggestions - model numbers?
> Any chance I can find a set local in a store or are the shocks roadster
> specific units?

Hey Kevin,

Although you might get a size match through a local store. I'd call the
folks at Shox.com. I checked with them recently and they had KYB GR-2s for
around $90. The '70 2000 I have has KYB Gas Adjusts and, IMO, they're too
stiff for regular street use on most real world roads.

One of these days I might get one of the Dimes running and added to our
"fleet".

HTH,
Ron